Drinking enough water each day is good for our health AND great for helping with weight loss. For a detailed list of why drinking 8 glasses of water a day is so important, read this. If you have a hard time drinking enough water each day, try these 10 tips:
- Drink a glass of water when you first wake up. Most people are pretty thirsty first thing in the morning, so drinking one of your glasses when you wake up is an easy way to get one glass down.
- Drink your water cold. Cold water seems to go down much easier than warm water, so be sure to add some ice to your glass.
- Drink filtered water. Most newer refrigerators have a filter, or you can buy a pitcher with a built in filter. If the water is filtered, it will taste better and you will be more likely to drink it.
- Add a little flavor to your water. Water with a lemon, lime, or orange slice can be really tasty.
- Buy a water bottle and take it with you everywhere you go. There are lots of different water bottle available – plain Rubbermaid bottles from HEB, stainless steel bottles, bottles with straws, etc. Find the one that you like best and keep it with you all day long. That way, you can sip a little throughout the day.
- Freeze it! You can fill water bottles half full of water and freeze it the night before. In the morning, you can take it out, add some more water, and you’ll have cold water for hours.
- Try sparkling or seltzer water. If you like fizzy water, this can be a great way to enjoy some of your 8 glasses a day.
- Drink decaffinated herbal tea. Tea can be great hot or cold, and since there is no caffeine, it definitely counts as one of your 8 glasses.
- Drink from a straw. Sometimes it is easier to drink water from a straw than from a glass. Give it a try and see if it helps you drink more!
- Plan out when you will drink your water. Each day, you can decide when/how you will drink your water. Maybe you can have 1 glass first thing in the morning, 1 glass when you take your pills at breakfast, 1 glass after your morning exercise, 1 glass before lunch, etc. Having a plan can help make it easier to reach your goal of 64oz by the end of the day.
Do you have other tips or suggestions on how you get your 8 glasses of water each day? Be sure to share them with us!