A friend gave me a copy of the following article a LONG time ago, but I still think of it every time I am tempted to have a soda. It was taken from an old issue of “Tailpipe”, which is the monthly newsletter of the 413 Wing of the Air Force Association in Trenton. It gives some really great information about the importance of drinking water, as well as some information about soda that was surprising.
After posting this article, someone forwarded me a link that claims much of the information below is untrue. Here is a link to that article. So, while this article definitely got my attention, I can’t vouch that it is 100% accurate. However, I think we can all agree that you are better off drinking water than coke!
1. 75% of us are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half of the world’s population.)
2. In 37% of us, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow done one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in aUniversity of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glass of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
1. In many states, (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. YOU CAN PUT A T-BONE steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: POUR a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with rumpled-up Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.�
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your car windshield.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8 (very acidic). It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate), a commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coca-Cola have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
Now the question is:
Would YOU like a glass of Water or Coke?